This board offers a 3 amp buck (step-down) point-of-load switch-mode regulator.
- Wide 4.75 to 18VDC input voltage range
- Output adjustable from 0.93 to 15VDC
- 340KHz switching freq.
- 3 amp output capability (with adequate heatsinking)
- Dimensions: approx. 23 x 10.2 x 6.5 mm (L x W x H).
- Ideal for use with solderless breadboard mounting.
- Has a form-factor similar to a 78XX linear regulator
- Shipped with snap-off pins unfitted…need soldering.
- Made in England.
1 +Vin 1 EN
2 0V 2 0V
3 +Vout 3 FB
(the FB pin can be used to connect an external voltage feedback circuit)
TP1 can connect using 14 or 16 gauge bare tinned-copper wire (BTCW)
To provide extra grounding and thermal bonding to a pre-existing mounting
Hole (assuming this board replaces a78XX linear regulator)
TO CALCULATE R3 VALUES FOR OTHER DESIRED VOUT
R3(K) =((Vout/0.925) -1) x 10 E.G for….
( use nearest preferred value 0.1% resistor or compromise on accuracy)
INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE=4.75 to 18VDC
OUTPUT VOLTAGE RANGE=0.93 to 15VDC
N.B. The EN line should be driven from an open collector, open-drain
or switch closure to ground (low=disable).
N.B. UNIT IS NORMALLY SUPPLIED WITH R3 VALUES AS ABOVE.
FOR VARIABLE VOLTAGE, REMOVE R3 AND FIT EXTERNAL 200K
MULTI-TURN PRESET BETWEEN
P4 PIN 3 AND P3 PIN 3